Till next sunday April 1, I’m glad to share a special preview of a seven images series that I titled “The Spring Wings”. The whole series will be followed and concluded by a videoclip in which I’ll show a “live view” of that incredibile billboard from which I’ve made my artworks.
I think it’s one of the most astonishing torn posters I ever seen so far during my long research about ripped ads and urban signs. It was located in Lecco, a beautiful town on Como Lake (Italy). The incredible actions and re-actions made by time, weather and environmental conditions (rain, light, smog, humidity…) produced a capturing and harmonious mash-up of colors and shapes. I really had the luck to be in the right time in the right place… (in the following days the billboard was covered with new publicity posters).
The huge and whole torn paper advertising showed me pre-existing images that were crushed and de-structured in thousands of particles which presented fascinating colored streams and waves dancing on a completely white background. The various sections of the torn poster reminded me a sort of suggestion about springtime colors…as you may see also in this image, in which I like the movement of several Unidentified Flying Objects…
ABOUT MY “LACER/ACTIONS ART PROJECT”
“LaceR/Actions”is a multidisciplinary project and research about urban signs and landscapes, especially concerning the apparent chaos of ripped papers from billboards and advertisings diplays. I have so far collected more than 35.000 images. Impressed by photocamera and transferred on canvas, reproduced on lithographs or textiles (as pure silk), or scanned in a video clip, the details of torn posters give new life to paper lacerations. I think in the lacerated advertisings is recognizable the “unwrapped” city, self-destroying in the messages, self-regenerating and self-reproducing in new visual elements, often contradictory, dissonant, discordant, but still surprisingly vital.
Some “Lacer/Actions” artworks were published in a booklet-portfolio: Pics of torn (publi)city”. In July 2010, thirty thousand people visited my show “The Four Elements of LaceR/Actions” during the three days exhibition at Oriocenter (Milano Bergamo Orio Airport, Italy).Myartworks are also taking part of experiences about sensorial and emotional perceptions (sinestesys) concerning kinesiologic tests. In October 2010 I participated to “Parallax AF” in London (La Galleria, Royal Opera Arcade). One of my artwork will be kept at the new Contemporary Art Museum will open next September in Marche region (Italy). The next big Lacer/actions Show will take place in the enchanting XIII Century Rocca Aldobrandesca, an incredibile fortress in Tuscany (Monte Amiata, Piancastagnaio, Siena, Italy) from September 27 to November 4, 2012. An “The End of The World” event…
© Roberto Alborghetti
- “The Spring Wings” Lacer/actions Series / # 2 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “The Spring Wings” Lacer/actions Series / # 1 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Dripping Techniques? They Are Just My “Lacer/actions”… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The New Contemporary Art Museum of Marche (italy) Will Keep a Roberto Alborghetti Lacer/actions Work (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The Official Poster of “Lacer/actions Show” at the Xiii Century Tuscany Castle (italy, Sep 27- Nov 4, 2012) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Snow Landscape? No, It’s Just One of My “Lacer/actions”… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Signs From Nowhere: Welcome to Cities of Ghosts… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Escapes Into Lacer/actions: New Videoclip (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “Like Echoes or Moonlight”: After the Video, an Haiga Composition (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)