I catch my “Lacer/actions” – Images Of Torn (publi)City – in the most strange places of the world. But what I saw a few weeks ago, in Amsterdam city centre, is really unique. Location: near the Royal Palace, in the very heart of the city. Outside a building yard, there was a big iron container in which workers were putting every sort of materials. I think people didn’t noticed it at all… But on a side of the big container I saw something spectacular ( for me and for my research about torn posters and urban signs).
The four parts in which the container was divided showed four incredible scenes. They were a sort of thin paper films left when someone had taken away the posters.An unusual and compelling combination – white paper film, iron, rust, red, grey and green colors of the container – originated something great for my eyes. I worked a lot with my cameras and I also did a video with my mobile, documenting an exceptional situation.
So, I’m glad to present here a very little selection of the images I took around the big container, the “Art Container”. This is the third photo gallery about my “Amsterdam’s Lacer/actions Files” dedicated to a three images series I “captured” in Netherlands during a recent trip. I like to repeat that all my “Lacer/actions” artworks are realistic, natural and not manipulated images. So, enjoy my “Amsterdam’s Lacer/actions Files #3”, that I titled “4got10 tears”. Public art on a public place, in the shade of Royal Palace…
ABOUT ROBERTO ALBORGHETTI’S LACER/ACTIONS ART
“LaceR/Actions”is a multidisciplinary project and research about urban signs and landscapes, especially concerning the apparent chaos of ripped papers from billboards and advertisings diplays. I have so far collected more than 35.000 images. Impressed by photocamera and transferred on canvas, reproduced on lithographs or textiles (as pure silk), or scanned in a video clip, the details of torn posters give new life to paper lacerations. I think in the lacerated advertisings is recognizable the “unwrapped” city, self-destroying in the messages, self-regenerating and self-reproducing in new visual elements, often contradictory, dissonant, discordant, but still surprisingly vital.
Some “Lacer/Actions” artworks were published in a booklet-portfolio: Pics of torn (publi)city”. In July 2010, thirty thousand people visited my show “The Four Elements of LaceR/Actions” during the three days exhibition at Oriocenter (Milano Bergamo Orio Airport, Italy).Myartworks are also taking part of experiences about sensorial and emotional perceptions (sinestesys) concerning kinesiologic tests. In October 2010 I participated to “Parallax AF” in London (La Galleria, Royal Opera Arcade). One of my artwork will be kept at the new Contemporary Art Museum will open next September in Marche region (Italy). The next big Lacer/actions Show will take place in the enchanting XIII Century Rocca Aldobrandesca, an incredibile fortress in Tuscany (Monte Amiata, Piancastagnaio, Siena, Italy) from September 27 to November 4, 2012. An “The End of The World” event…
© Roberto Alborghetti
- Where Are You? Find Yourself in the Lacer/actions Universe… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Magical Feathers… and 30.000 Views for My Blog (thank You !) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- From Blue to Green: Image #4 From “The Spring Wings” Lacer/actions Series (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “The Spring Wings” Lacer/actions Series / # 2 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- That Incredible Colors Palette Behind Magna Plaza / the Amsterdam’s Lacer/actions Files #2 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The Official Poster of “Lacer/actions Show” at the Xiii Century Tuscany Castle (italy, Sep 27- Nov 4, 2012) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Light (de)signs (jap Jap Dreampop) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The New Contemporary Art Museum of Marche (italy) Will Keep a Roberto Alborghetti Lacer/actions Work (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “The Spring Wings” Lacer/actions Series / # 1 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)