Thanks to photographer Nigel Bendle at “Little Bits Of Sheffield”!
© Roberto Alborghetti
No, it’s not a painting. It’s just one of my 35.000 Lacer/actions pieces. It’s an absolutely random image, not maniputated or digitally enhanced. I took it for my research about “The Torn (publi)City” (ripped posters and urban signs). It seems coming from a mysterious and drowned world. Or from our deep unconscious… I “captured” this image – the first of a series of 5 – along Netherlands streets.
* * *
ABOUT LACER/ACTIONS PROJECT
“LaceR/Actions”is a multidisciplinary project and research about urban signs and landscapes, especially concerning the apparent chaos of ripped papers from billboards and advertisings diplays. I have so far collected more than 35.000 images. Impressed by photocamera and transferred on canvas, reproduced on lithographs or textiles (as pure silk), or scanned in a video clip, the details of torn posters give new life to paper lacerations. I think in the lacerated advertisings is recognizable the “unwrapped” city, self-destroying in the messages, self-regenerating and self-reproducing in new visual elements, often contradictory, dissonant, discordant, but still surprisingly vital.
Some “Lacer/Actions” artworks were published in a booklet-portfolio: “Pics of torn (publi)city”. In July 2010, thirty thousand people visited my show “The Four Elements of LaceR/Actions” during the three days exhibition at Oriocenter (Milano Bergamo Orio Airport, Italy).Myartworks are also taking part of experiences about sensorial and emotional perceptions (sinestesys) concerning kinesiologic tests. In October 2010 I participated to “Parallax AF” in London (La Galleria, Royal Opera Arcade). One of my artwork will be kept at the new Contemporary Art Museum will open next September in Marche region (Italy). The next big Lacer/actions Show will take place in the enchanting XIII Century Rocca Aldobrandesca, a fortress in Tuscany (Monte Amiata, Piancastagnaio, Siena, Italy) from September 27 to November 4, 2012.
- An “Art Installation” That Amsterdam Doesn’t Know to Have… So, Let’s Bring Back Our Eyes on the Streets… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “The Spring Wings” Lacer/actions Series / # 2 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- From Blue to Green: Image #4 From “The Spring Wings” Lacer/actions Series (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “The Spring Wings” Lacer/actions Series / # 1 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Where Are You? Find Yourself in the Lacer/actions Universe… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “Dreams & Lacer/actions”: Therapeutical Haiga # 1 by Meredith and Roberto Alborghetti (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The Official Poster of “Lacer/actions Show” at the Xiii Century Tuscany Castle (italy, Sep 27- Nov 4, 2012) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “The Astonishing Dimension of Decomposition”: Italian Review “Isola 21″ Reports on Roberto Alborghetti Lacer/actions Art (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Tamara Natalie Madden & Roberto Alborghetti (leartisteboots.wordpress.com)