© Photos by ROBERTO ALBORGHETTI
Aloe Vera plants ( Aloe Barbadensis Miller) have found in Fuerteventura the best climatic conditions of the world for their development. Conditions I’m enjoying during my stay in Fuerteventura: clear sunlight, warm climate and scarce rain. You may see Aloe Vera along roads, in the gardens and in several plantations grewed up in the inner areas.
Aloe Vera is a plant from the family of the liliaceous like tha garlic or the onion. It is known since the ancient time for its medical effects. The pulp inside contains a great variety of active principals such as vitamins, minerals and aminoacids. The Aloe Vera is recommended for all type of affections of the skin. Due to its regenerative action, in record time it accelerates the recuperation of the skin and eases the pain.
At the weekly “mercadillo” (market) in Morro Jable I bought “Aloe Vera Gel” from “Absolut Aloe”, one of the local producers (www.absolutaloe.com) . A bottle of 250 ml. contains the extract of about 625 gr.of fresh leaves. They cultivate aloe in an ecologic way and their plantations are controlled by the Regular Council for Ecologic Agriculture of the Canary Government. To ensure maximum quality they sell directly from the producer straight to the consumer. In Fuerteventura you find Aloe Vera products in every stores or shops. Before to buy them, check quality and origins.
About its effects I may say that my skin has received immediate relief after sunburn. And some friends of mine at last solved problems about sun allergies.
- Art on the Roads: Roundabouts As Galleries / My Days in Fuerteventura # 5 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- An Excellent Herbal Remedy for Diabetes (healthmad.com)
- “Vamos a La Playa!”: Welcome to the Enchanting Beach Show / My Days in Fuerteventura # 3 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Natural Mosquito Bite Remedies (mightynest.com)
- Aloe Vera Leaf…my dear digestive healer (lifeinharmonyandbalance.wordpress.com)