In memory of Fallen
September 16-18, 1982
Artwork by Roberto Alborghetti
Images of Torn (publi)City
Title of the work:
“Victims & Martyrs: The Blood Tracks # 3 – Sabra and Shatila, September 1982”
Canvas + Mixed media, 2012
Roberto Alborghetti ‘s LaceR/Actions is a multidisciplinary project and research about the apparent chaos of ripped and decomposed posters and urban/street signs.
Transferred on canvas, reproduced on lithographs or textiles (as pure silk), or scanned in videoclips, the details of torn posters give new life to paper lacerations and decomposition, as you may see in this “postcard” reproducing one of the 40.000 images captured by Roberto Alborghetti during his research all around the world.
The next Roberto Alborghetti Show (“Colors of an Apocalypse: An Intrigue for the Eyes and Mind from the Decomposed Publicity Posters”) will take place at Aldobrandesca Fortress (XIII Century) in Tuscany, from October 6 to November 4, 2012 .
This image is dedicated to Victims and Martyrs of Sabra and Shatila massacre (Lebanon, September 16-18, 1982).
- Survivors recount Sabra-Shatila massacre (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Sabra & Shatila, Thirty Years Later (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Sabra and Shatila – 16th-18th September 1982 Remembered (foa.org.uk)
- The Massacre at Sabra and Shatila, Thirty Years Later (counterpunch.org)
- Jealously Not Modifiable Organisms (from a Torn Publicity Poster) – Lacer/actions Postcards #13 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Something Hot… But It’s Just a Ripped Poster – Lacer/actions Postcards # 4 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- A Modern Art Piece? No, It’s Just a Detail of a Torn Publicity Poster… – Lacer/actions Postcards # 10 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)