Guest writer: Marco Rossi
Pupils as artists – and art critics – for a day. It happened at “Colors of an Apocalypse” exhibition which is goin’ on (until January 15, 2013) at the beautiful Aldobrandesca Fortress in Piancastagnaio ( Tuscany, Siena ). The third class students of Primary School “Mazzi”, guided by teachers Maria Rita and Maria Elena, participated in a creative experience investigating and exploring Roberto Alborghetti artworks displayed in seven rooms at the medieval castle. The same happened to more than a thousand students who have already visited the exhibition showing forty works (canvases, lithographs, collages and silk scarves) about “the decomposition of publicity posters” and “urban signs”. Armed with scratchpad, pencils and crayons, the students have first met Roberto Alborghetti for an introductory meeting and then they entered between the exhibition halls, accompanied by the author of “lacer / actions”, so they are called the works on display. Roberto Alborghetti artistic language – all his realistic images are taken from torn and decomposed advertising posters we may see along the city streets – struck and fascinated students, who worked on colors and shapes.
Each student has reinterpreted an image (see photo-gallery) writing personal emotions and impressions. The result was an extraordinary document how eyes and mind have perceived and seen every single images. It was also possible to compile a ranking about the images that most impressed the kids imagination. At the top there is the lithograph introduced by an haiku: “Dark night / Snowflakes and Frost / before the New Day.” The pupils were very impressed by the contrast of the colors and the “red light blade” which seems – according to the impressions – “an eye of a dragon.” Another wrote: “I like it, but it scares me.” And again: “It’s a very beautiful picture! It recalls me the first time I was born …” Compelling and funny comments coming from spontaneous hearts.
- 5.000 People Have Already Visited Roberto Alborghetti Exhibition at the Tuscany Castle. and the Show Goes On… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The Clip (hd) From the Castle: Colors of an Apocalypse Show / Roberto Alborghetti at Aldobrandesca Fortress (tuscany) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- First Photo-gallery From “Colors of an Apocalypse” : Roberto Alborghetti Show at Aldobrandesca Fortress (xiii Century) in Tuscany (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The Clip (hd) From the Castle: Colors of an Apocalypse Show / Roberto Alborghetti at Aldobrandesca Fortress (tuscany) (okayscuola.wordpress.com)
- Special Preview: “Colors of an Apocalypse” Show / the Decomposed Publicity Posters” – “The Sun Became Black…” (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Lacer/actions on Canvases: I’ve Updated My Photogallery (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Lacer/actions Meet Schools / a Special Week for My Exhibition : Lectures, Videoshows and Workshops About “The Decomposed Publicity Posters” (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Art and Media #5 / Free Download of “Mount Amiata in Tuscany” (pdf), the Enchanting Location of My Show (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)