“THERE WAS WAR IN THE SKY”
by Roberto Alborghetti
COLLAGE OF PAPER PIECES FROM TORN
AND DECOMPOSED PUBLICITY POSTERS
2012, CM.47X47, Framed
This image – a collage created with hundreds of paper pieces from torn and decomposed publicity posters (the title is from “Apocalypse” of John) – is displayed at Room #7 at Roberto Alborghetti Show (“Colors of an Apocalypse: An Intrigue for the Eyes and Mind from the Decomposed Publicity Posters”) which is taking place at Aldobrandesca Fortress (XIII Century) in Tuscany (Piancastagnaio, Siena, Italy); the show has been extended till January 15, 2013.
You find Room #7 in the highest place of the historic castle. It’s a sort of hidden space you have to discover at the end of your visit at the exhibition. In this cell are presented for the first time five particular colleages created by Roberto Alborghetti for his “Lacer/actions” Project…
Roberto Alborghetti ‘s LaceR/Actions is a multidisciplinary project and research about the apparent chaos of ripped and decomposed posters and urban/street signs. Roberto has already collected, around the world, more than 40.000 images.
Transferred on canvas, reproduced on lithographs or textiles (as pure silk), re-build on collages, or scanned in videoclips, the details of torn publicity posters give new life to paper lacerations and decomposition.
- The “Secret Collages Cell” at My Exhibition at Aldobrandesca Fortress: Work # 2 (“he Loves His Chaos From a Distance”) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The “Secret Cell” of My Exhibition at the Tuscany Castle: the Collages Room – Work #1 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The Clip (hd) From the Castle: Colors of an Apocalypse Show / Roberto Alborghetti at Aldobrandesca Fortress (tuscany) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- A Funny Experience: Pupils Become “Art Critics for a Day” Visiting My “Colors of an Apocalypse” Exhibition (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- 5.000 People Have Already Visited Roberto Alborghetti Exhibition at the Tuscany Castle. and the Show Goes On… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- First Photo-gallery From “Colors of an Apocalypse” : Roberto Alborghetti Show at Aldobrandesca Fortress (xiii Century) in Tuscany (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)