By Marco Rossi
“Colors of An Apocalypse” – the Roberto Alborghetti exhibition hosted in the ancient and picturesque Aldobrandesca Fortress (XIII Century) on Mount Amiata, in Tuscany (Piancastagnaio — Siena, Italy) – ends today after 100 days. The show has been exceptionally extended due to the great interest from people and media.
About 7.000 visitors have taken turns in the rooms of the charming manor, discovering the provocative artistic language of Roberto Alborghetti, professional journalist and writer, who for years has been collecting realistic images about the “decomposition of publicity posters”, as the subtitle of the exhibition tells.
Proposed and promoted by Piancastagnaio Municipality, Osa Onlus and Pro Loco, with the support of the Province of Siena , “Colors of An Apocalypse” has sparked an unexpected interest outside of the usual italian art circle and the current logics which manage the traditional promotion of artistic expression.
“Colors of an Apocalypse” exhibition displayed forty artworks (canvases, lithographs, collages and three special limited-edition silk scarves) created by Roberto Alborghetti for his “Lacer/actions Project”. Along the seven rooms, people had the way to know the meaning of an unusual research based on observation and reproduction of the decomposition of publicity posters and urban tokens on city walls.
Through his works Roberto Alborghetti investigates the great Babel of ripped and lacerated colors and words in order to grasp the chromatic energy, revitalizing what we usually consider a rejection or a disturbing element (for the eyes and the urban landscape).
- “Riding the Smooth Waters” : Collage #4 in the “Secret Cell” at My Exhibition (aldobrandesca Castle, Tuscany) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “a New Heaven and a New Earth”: Collage # 5 in the “Secret Room” at My Show in the Tuscany Fortress (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- 5.000 People Have Already Visited Roberto Alborghetti Exhibition at the Tuscany Castle. and the Show Goes On… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- A Funny Experience: Pupils Become “Art Critics for a Day” Visiting My “Colors of an Apocalypse” Exhibition (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The “Secret Cell” of My Exhibition at the Tuscany Castle: the Collages Room – Work #1 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Work # 3 Displayed in the “Collages Cell” at My Exhibition in the Tuscany Castle: “There Was War in the Sky” (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)