© ROBERTO ALBORGHETTI – LACER/ACTIONS, Realistic and not Manipulated Images of Torn and Decomposed Publicity Posters and Urban Signs
These pictures come from a decomposed publicity poster I saw on outdoor advertisings in Lecco, a beautiful town on Lake Como (Italy). The incredible actions and re-actions made by time, weather and environmental conditions (rain, light, smog, humidity…) produced a capturing and harmonious mash-up of colors and shapes. The huge torn and decomposed poster displayed pre-existing images which were crushed and de-structured in thousands of particles which presented fascinating colored streams and waves dancing on a white background.
WATCH THE “LIVE VIEW” CLIP
ABOUT MY “LACER/ACTIONS ART PROJECT”
“LaceR/Actions”is a multidisciplinary project and research about urban signs and landscapes, especially concerning the apparent chaos of ripped papers from billboards and advertisings diplays. I have collected so far more than 40.000 images. Impressed by photocamera and transferred on canvases, reproduced on lithographic prints or textiles (as pure silk), re-built in collages or scanned in a video clip, the details of torn and decomposed publicity posters give new life to paper lacerations. I think in the lacerated advertisings is recognizable the “unwrapped” city, self-destroying in the messages, self-regenerating and self-reproducing in new visual elements, often contradictory, dissonant, discordant, but still surprisingly vital.
Some “Lacer/Actions” artworks were published in a booklet-portfolio: Pics of torn (publi)city”. In July 2010, thirty thousand people visited my show “The Four Elements of LaceR/Actions” during the three days exhibition at Oriocenter (Milano Bergamo Orio Airport, Italy). My artworks are also taking part of experiences about sensorial and emotional perceptions (sinestesys). In October 2010 I participated to “Parallax AF” in London (La Galleria, Royal Opera Arcade). One of my artwork will be display in the new Collection of Contemporary Art opening next April 27 in Marche region (Italy). My recent “Color of an Apocalypse” Show took place in the enchanting XIII Century Rocca Aldobrandesca, an incredibile fortress in Tuscany (Monte Amiata, Piancastagnaio, Siena, Italy) from September 2012 to January 2013.
- “We Need Colors Just As the Light” (w.goethe) / New “Lithographic Prints” Series – Photogallery #2 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- There Was War in the Sky (and in the Streets Too) / Collage Created With Waste-paper Collected Near Outdoor Advertisings… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Jumpin’ Into Colors / New “Lithographic Prints” Series (photogallery #1) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Views & Illusions / Some Perspectives From Torn and Decomposed Publicity Posters / a Clip (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “Lacer/actions” Works Go on the Telly…/ Roberto Alborghetti ‘s Art Project Appearing in a Tv Programme (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The “Primavera” Garden…/ Scenes From a Torn Publicity Poster (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Flying Particles or Roaming Meteors? They Are Simply Paper and Glue Left on a Torn Publicity Poster…- Lacer/actions Postcards #25 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)