GUEST WRITER: PRESS OFFICE – VELAR-ELLEDICI PUBLISHING
“FRANCESCO”, Author: ROBERTO ALBORGHETTI; Preface: Cardinal GIOVANNI BATTISTA RE; Published in Italy by VELAR-ELLEDICI; Available in 2 versions: 2 volumes (+ casket) and 1 single volume, 340 photos, 264 pages, November 2013.
Over 550,000 lines of text, 14 chapters, 340 photographs, 6 months of work and researches: these are the numbers that define the “first historical and illustrated biography” about new Pope Jorge Mario Bergoglio, the 266 th Pope of history, the first to assume the name of Francis, the first South American Pope, the first Pope belonging to the Society of Jesus.
“Francis” helps us to know a “son of Italian immigrants” who became the leader of the Roman Catholic Church. The volumes – “the most-awaited event for Italian publishing industry” as media stated – dig deep into the historical records and documents starting from the news about the Pope’s family, reconstructing moments and facts concerning the emigration from Italy to Argentina, specifying dates, times and procedures.
The Author writes about the childhood of the future Pope Francis, his progressive steps in education, his lung disease, his religious vocation on the backdrop of social and historical scenarios of Argentina. “Francis” also delves into the distinctive elements of cultural education of the future Pope Francis, his relations with the world of Latin American thinkers, authors and essayists (Jorge Luis Borges, Methol Ferrè, Gera, Scannone) who drew new perspectives for South American continent. The book contextualizes informations and news related to the evolution of social and historical periods in Argentina, as president Peron’s age.
Unpublished testimonies help to discover Jorge Mario Bergoglio during his years at the helm of the Jesuits in Argentina, his pastoral insights, his role in saving lives during the military dictatorship (1976-1983), his experiences as rector at the Collegio Massimo in San Miguel, his presence in the “barrios” between the poor and emergencies in Buenos Aires, sharing the difficulties of the population in the years of severe economic crisis that hit Argentina at the beginning of the Twenty-First century. The last chapters are dedicated to the first months of Francis pontificate.
- My New Book Is Out: “Francesco” (“francis”) the First Illustrated Biography of Pope J. M. Bergoglio (2 Volumes, Unpublished Stories, 340 Photos) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- ‘Time’ Person of the Year: Pope Francis (usatoday.com)
- Pope Francis is TIME’s ‘Person of the Year’ 2013 (hispanicallyspeakingnews.com)
- Pope Francis Named Time Person Of The Year 2013 (foxct.com)
- Pope Francis named Time Person of the Year 2013 (kmov.com)
- Pope Francis Named Time’s Person of the Year (voanews.com)
- Pope Francis Named Time’s Person of the Year (kfiam640.com)
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’ (washingtontimes.com)