COLORS AND TEXTURES
Cracks is part of Roberto Alborghetti ‘s Lacer/actions Project, about the decomposition of torn publicity posters on outside advertisings (realistic and not manipulated images are transferred on canvases, lithographic prints or textiles).
Since 2009 Roberto Alborghetti has been also workin’ on metal, plastic or stony surfaces and platings. So, he entered the wonderful world of Cracks… We are surrounded by cracks… We live in a planet of cracks. And cracks may be considered as a life’s metaphor and “an active aesthetical appreciation” of what we call the disturbing elements of imperfection.
Roberto Alborghetti discovered in cracks magnifications other astonishing and interesting textures in what people usually consider waste materials. Lacer/actions and Cracks are realistic, natural, random and not enhanced images, as you see in this gallery.
- Cracks (& Lacerations): the “Active Aesthetical Appreciation” of the So-called “Disturbing Elements” / Image #7 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Cracks – Broken But Not Split / the Videoclip (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Welcome to the World of “Cracks”, Where Matter Is Broken But Not Split… Image # 2 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- They’re Only Ordinary Textures in a Cracks Magnification… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- My Cracks As “Wabi-sabi”, the Japanese Art of Celebrating Crevices and Time Marks… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- New: They Are “Cracks”! (and Not Paintings) / Exploring Metal and Plastic Surfaces… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- In Praise of Imperfection / “Find the Beauty in Your Cracks” – Image #5 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)