Cracks is part of Roberto Alborghetti ‘s Lacer/actions Project, about the decomposition of torn publicity posters on outside advertisings (realistic and not manipulated images are transferred on canvases, lithographic prints and textiles or re-built on collages). Since 2009 Roberto Alborghetti has been also workin’ on metal, plastic or stony surfaces and platings. So, he entered the wonderful world of Cracks… We are surrounded by Cracks… We live in a planet of Cracks. And Cracks may be considered as a life’s metaphor and “an active aesthetical appreciation” of what we call the disturbing elements of imperfection.
Roberto Alborghetti discovered through cracks magnifications other astonishing and interesting textures in what people usually consider waste materials. Lacer/actions and Cracks are realistic, natural, random and not manipulated or enhanced images.
- Cracks – Broken But Not Split / the Videoclip (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- They’re Only Ordinary Textures in a Cracks Magnification… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- In Praise of Imperfection / “Find the Beauty in Your Cracks” – Image #5 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Cracks (& Lacerations): the “Active Aesthetical Appreciation” of the So-called “Disturbing Elements” / Image #7 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Welcome to the World of “Cracks”, Where Matter Is Broken But Not Split… Image # 2 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The Cracks Week / Image # 3: Colors and Shapes on a Metal Surface… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- New: They Are “Cracks”! (and Not Paintings) / Exploring Metal and Plastic Surfaces… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- My Cracks As “Wabi-sabi”, the Japanese Art of Celebrating Crevices and Time Marks… (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)