© Photos by ROBERTO ALBORGHETTI
In Fuerteventura local government and municipalities had a good idea. They have displayed beautiful and interesting sculptures at the most important roundabouts. So, while you’re driving along the main roads you have the pleasure to admire art installations which invite you to stop… It’s a sort of permanent gallery showing nice contemporary art made by local or international sculptors.
I saw fascinating pieces. But I was really struck by “Caminos” made in 2007 by cuban artist Lisbet Fernandez Ramos and located at a roundabout at the entrance of Morro Jable town (Pajara municipality).
The artist created two different groups of kids who are scanning the sky (or the future…) It’s a really impressive scene that invites to slow down and think… And this is another surprise coming from Fuerteventura, wild and fascinating island.
- “Vamos a La Playa!”: Welcome to the Enchanting Beach Show / My Days in Fuerteventura # 3 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- New Trends: Writing on the Sand With Black Stones / My Days in Fuerteventura # 4 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- My Days in Fuerteventura # 1 / Discovering an Island Through Colors And… Street Art (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Living on a Volcanic Land/ My Days in Fuerteventura # 2 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- My Days in Fuerteventura # 1 / Discovering an Island Through Colors And… Street Art (leartisteboots.wordpress.com)